A great recipe for left-over turkey
Makes enough for 4 people
- 500g Turkey meat chopped and diced
- 250g feta cheese chopped and diced
- 200g dried pasta
- half a punnet of cherry tomatoes chopped in half
- a handful of fresh basil finely chopped
- A packet of mixed salad leaves
- 8 tbsp mustard vinaigrette of your own choice
- 4 tbsp of black pitted olives, cut in half
Cook the pasta in a pan of salted boiling water as per the packet instructions, then drain and leave to cool.
In a large salad bowl put the turkey, feta cheese, cherry tomatoes (and optional olives) and gently mix. Sprinkle the basil and gently mix. Add the vinaigrette and the cooked pasta – gently mix and serve on a bed of the mixed lettuce.
Instead of using the vinaigrette – make your own:
Mix thoroughly 2 tablespoons of olive oil and 2 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar (shaken in a small bottle works well) – mix into the salad and then sprinkle with mustard seeds.